Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Which dot are you and why?"

It would be more appropriate to call the exam of Online journalism a part of "Mental Assessment" rather than Midterm Assessment. A unique exam of its type where students were supposed to think thoroughly before they could write anything, an exercise that is rarely carried out in our institutions and disliked by student and teachers alike. I can't say anything about teachers but students, I am sure they have much more important tasks to do than "thinking".
A straight line was drawn on the board followed by a dotted line beneath it. We were asked to do three things:

1- Think of three different situations

2- Choose a dot for ourselves in each situation

3- Write down "which dot we are and why".

Everyone was Topsy-turvy when the question was revealed. Students were giving Oscar winning quality & variety of expressions. Teacher was made to repeat what are we actually supposed to do five times still few were behaving as if everything went like an aero-jet right from the top of their heads. The hilarious part is, in such an assessment where one could write anything, some chaps were still trying to copy what the person sitting next to them was writing. As I have mentioned earlier, it is the class of intellectuals I am talking about..you can expect anything and everything from them.But I am glad no one raised his hand and said "Sir it is not included in our syllabus...how could you ask us something out of the course".

6 comments:

  1. nice effort janab...lets see how people think of this... "As I have mentioned earlier, it is the class of intellectuals I am talking about.." loved this part.. keep going..:):) BRAVO

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice .....
    but why didn't you raise your hand.......and asked that question :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work! I liked the part "an exercise that is rarely carried out in our institution.."
    We need more teachers like Sir Humair Ishtiaq who force (:P) us to make use of our brains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha quite true yar.. see he is the only teacher who has the solution to this evil of plagiarism..assignments class me kerwatay hyn plus ye exercise b esi hy you cannot copy and paste.. Teachers should be tactful enough to deal with such clever students (like us :P)

    ReplyDelete